The Doula Project is seeking Board members!
The Doula Project is a volunteer-run non-profit that works to advance a vision of holistic pregnancy care for all people in New York City. Since 2007, we have provided physical, educational, spiritual, and emotional support to thousands of pregnant people, free of charge. We operate under a single guiding principle: that all pregnant people deserve compassion, care, and support, whether they choose abortion, adoption, or to raise their child.
As a Board member, you will join a team of dedicated activists making radical change in abortion and birth care in NYC and beyond. Here are a few of the key qualities we are seeking in a candidate:
- Dedication to organization's mission
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Ability to see the big picture
- Willingness to contribute personal, professional, and financial resources
- Development and fundraising experience
- Experience in administration and finances
- Coalition-building and networking skills
- Ability to contribute significant time to the organization
- Ability to meet quarterly in person in NYC
- Flexibility, patience, sense of humor, kindness
Apply using our online application, and please send any questions about the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due November 20, 2017. To learn more about The Doula Project, visit us at www.doulaproject.net.
We look forward to hearing from you!!
The Doula Project Board of Directors